بازگشت   پی سی سیتی > تالار علمی - آموزشی و دانشکده سایت > دانشگاه ها > آموزش زبانهای خارجی

آموزش زبانهای خارجی در این تالار مباحث مرتبط با اموزش زبانهای خارجی قرار میگرد و در صورت جذب شدن کاربران متبحر سوالات شما پاسخ داده خواهد شد

پاسخ

ابزارهای موضوع نحوه نمایش
قدیمی 04-08-2011
KHatun آواتار ها
KHatun KHatun آنلاین نیست.
کاربر فعال ادبیات جهان

تاریخ عضویت: Mar 2011
محل سکونت: کرمانشاه
نوشته ها: 210
سپاسها: : 86

250 سپاس در 115 نوشته ایشان در یکماه اخیر
Exclamation English Essays - متن های نوشته خودمان، کمی تا قسمتی جدی !

in this topic, we intend to develop our English skills through written texts by ourselves or any other sources. the articles may seem to be more challenging due to the fact that most of them are academic

پاسخ با نقل قول
کاربران زیر از KHatun به خاطر پست مفیدش تشکر کرده اند :
جای تبلیغات شما اینجا خالیست با ما تماس بگیرید

قدیمی 04-08-2011
KHatun آواتار ها
کاربر فعال ادبیات جهان

پیش فرض linguistics _linguistic determinism

Linguistic determinism is a theory that language constructs thought and not the opposite. Though "linguistic determinism" has been objected, we cannot ignore the inter-relationship of culture and language. As Keith Allan asserts" prohibition from using some language affects our way of behavior towards that subject".
To answer this question that whether it is possible to deconstruct the language, I prefer to consider multilingual individuals as evidence.
Acquiring a foreign language is similar to moving towards other cultures, taming or in other words making the cultures your own. Multilingualism is therefore multiculturalism, and mixing different cultures into your identity. A multilingual person mixes these cultures in a united identity.
In a global village that today we are inhibiting, languages and consequently cultures are constantly in contact with one another. The element of stimulus in acquiring languages can be the feel that we need to adapt new elements to our communicative patterns. To avoid ambivalent behaviors, acquirers need a context in which they can feel they belong to a multicultural world and admire multiculturalism as humanistic and social value. Stephen Krashen in his theories makes a distinction between learning and acquiring languages and assert" Acquisition requires meaningful interaction in the target language – natural communication - in which speakers are concerned not with the form of their utterances but with the messages they are conveying and understanding". According to Krashen the message serves as a means through which we learn to communicate in the target language. Therefore we acquire a language through situations in which we are put. We learn how to greet in the target language as we make up an imaginary situation in a party or in a classroom. Therefore we are in contact with not only mere words but situations in which those words are used. For example, the way of greeting in English can tell us that most greetings are short and precise; therefore this can tell us something about the culture of people speaking in English, too. They are straightforward comparing to Farsi rhetoric, for example, in which being precise in greeting is equal to being rude and therefore to look friendly long sentences are more acceptable, hypocritical as it may seem. Therefore when an Iranian acquirer studies English, he gets an idea of preciseness and feels that this sort of greeting is possible, too. This becomes stronger in the cases that the acquirer comes across the subjects that are considered taboo in his/her own culture and therefore seems embarrassing. Therefore knowing other cultures makes us to constantly make judgments about which behavioral patterns to follow. In other words it broadens our options, as we make constant judgments and comparisons.

Conclusion:
Society continually influences individual, as individual continuously influences society. Inter-cultural communication and developing handy sources of information and knowledge has made it possible for most people to access other parts of the world. Today, satellite channels are available in most houses and the programs which are broadcasted are protected from censorship, therefore people living in societies under political or social censorship of media, get access to uncensored information easily. With a sufficient knowledge of languages (preferably English) people are exposed to a wide range of programs, which can serve as communicational canals.
This process may be unconscious, as most changes in behavior happen unconsciously. But the effects of it are detectable in the amount of lectures presented in academic environments about taboo subjects and books published on them. Weblog writing is a simple, easy way to share ideas around the world. Comparing the flaw of thought in most weblogs today we can roughly estimate that most youngsters in Iranian society are open to more subjects.
For most acquirers foreign media plays a significant role in developing literacy practices and the social context embedded in them. To expose themselves to the target language they are acquiring, they tend to follow anything written or spoken in the language, which might expose them to a whole different world and make behavioral patterns which are considered as taboo today, be the norms of the tomorrow's society.

by: myself!

پاسخ با نقل قول
قدیمی 04-10-2011
مهرگان آواتار ها
مهرگان مهرگان آنلاین نیست.
مدیر تالار انگلیسی

تاریخ عضویت: Apr 2008
نوشته ها: 1,577
سپاسها: : 3,750

4,670 سپاس در 1,282 نوشته ایشان در یکماه اخیر
مهرگان به Yahoo ارسال پیام
پیش فرض

a special hello to my dear Audrey
i love studying about lingustics one of my teachers made me really interested in ths aspect of learning a language.

some thing came to my mind!

your essay was really nice, but seems like that in p30city.net and in the part of foreign languages, there exists a topic similar to this one. following the rules we are not allowed to create repeated topics.

click here

in fact, that link guids u to the link existing in my signature : literary english essays

if you agree that these topcs were similar, u can ask the observers to merge the two topics, else please ask them to change the names of topics to recognize them easilly from each other.!
. tnx alot for ur essay and hope to enjoy being here more than B4, my honorable friend

ویرایش توسط مهرگان : 04-10-2011 در ساعت 05:03 PM
پاسخ با نقل قول
قدیمی 04-10-2011
KHatun آواتار ها
کاربر فعال ادبیات جهان

پیش فرض

dear Mehrgan

thanks for your nice comment
I have actually noticed the topic of yours" literary english essays" I didnt want to post something there which is not literary in order to actually follow the orders

It depends on you dear friends and I'm bound to your judgments
maybe its better to change the name to linguistic essays

پاسخ با نقل قول
قدیمی 04-13-2011
KHatun آواتار ها
کاربر فعال ادبیات جهان

پیش فرض why school

Why school?

Introduction:
We are sent to school to be educated. We spend the most precious moments of our lives behind desks while listening, taking notes, asking and most of the time daydreaming. Why? We don't hate to learn. Our life is tangled with change, and change requires adaptability which itself requires learning. None of these processes are resentful or editable. So there must be something wrong. What is wrong has nothing to do with the concept of learning, but with the educational system which has failed in reinforcing our desire to learn.

The most common definition for learning must be a process in which we acquire a knowledge we didn't have before, whether practical or theoretical. As we enter the school system the learning process shapes into a hierarchal order. Everything is arranged for us beforehand and we have to adapt to the system, whereas before entering school learning was more about what we wanted it to be. One good example can be language acquisition of a child. In this process, learning happens in situations where the child puts himself into it and no arrangement or curriculum is formed for him to learn to speak. In the school system, the child is put behind a desk and is told:" hey! Now you are learning!" No wonder he might just think for a while:" what the hell is going on?!" surely they do not find the answer until they drop out of school, a place where they thought they could never fit in. One reason for that can be the categorization of courses, math and science on top and humanities and art at the bottom. This sort of arrangement raises expectations for those who take math and raises pity for those who choose art. The worst part is yet to come. Now that you have chosen either of them, you should be careful not to make mistakes.
As a child, we all have been through awkward moments when we uttered out something funny which made everybody laugh, but at the same time indicated some aspect of our creative potentials. Children are not afraid to make mistakes and to be judged, that's why they always come up with something original. By the time they turn into adults, they have lost this capacity because mistakes are stigmatized. In public education systems, mistakes are the worst things you can make. The result is educating children out of their creative capacities.
Earlier we mentioned the hierarchal order of courses and its consequences. But what is left is the reason for such order. Following the industrial revolution, the whole concept of public education was providing the needs of industrialism. Useful subjects were on top and are still on top. Now that the world is engulfed in revolution, universities and schools cannot design the system in their own image. If they do what they do, many creative, smart people may think they are not because things they liked were not valued. So what is the whole output of education?
It seems that the whole goal of education is to produce university professors. Many consider them as the mere sources of knowledge, so available. One reason may be that education is predicated on academic ability. Now, degrees do not worth anything. For instance, years ago you could find a job with a B.A degree, unless you didn't want it. Now, people get their degrees and go back home to watch T.V. The academic inflation is shifting beneath our feet.

Conclusion:
Our learning facilities are changing rapidly. New terms, such as open-source learning has emerged as a result of digitalization. Textbooks are fading and the on-line world has made reaching out to up-to-date knowledge much easier. All these developments are making the gap between the learning process inside and outside the school system much larger. Children are not satisfied with an indoctrinating system which holds the teacher as the only one in charge of the learning processes. Globalization has shortened the distances and as we open new doors of communication, criticism follows naturally. Self-criticism has given us the chance to get prepared for evaluating our mistakes as a means to get creative. Just like the language acquisition process, we look for situations where we can fit in and learn. Now that we have adapted ourselves to these changes, the whole concept of educating in public schools seems just a waste of time and energy on subjects which might never matter for us.

by: myself

reference: Sir ken Robinson TED speech

پاسخ با نقل قول
قدیمی 04-14-2011
مهرگان آواتار ها
مدیر تالار انگلیسی

پیش فرض

nice text
nice essay
nice topic
nice Audrey!

you know, as you write by yourself here in this part and as i read your texts, it helps me improve my knowledge and to be familiar with different methods of writing, grammer points and other tips, thank you so much.

i had a quick glance at your text, before mentioning to my ideas about the subject (why school?) i would like to
point some tips!

one is that please use the enter key inorder to make your post easier to read, you know the page is too wide and reading looks a bit hard!

next please use some images about your title, it makes the post more attractive.

at last please use a biiger font, it would be better.

what do you think?

now my opinon:

i think the system of education plays an important role in the proccess of studying. "educaton is not an end, it is a mean to an end" what does it mean? it means that : studying itself is not important, but the end, the gole that is reached by studying is the most important factor.

how to rech to that gole?

by choosing an acceptable system of education, which can bring us goyful, attracton to continue our studies, and also it should be changable.

i think the problem we face in our system of education nowadays, reffers to this factor: we do not have an attractive system. we should seek for a better onr inorder not to waste our lves behnd the desks.
قدیمی 04-22-2011
KHatun آواتار ها
کاربر فعال ادبیات جهان

پیش فرض

You're welcome my dear
Your nice comment encourage me.I will consider the points you mentioned in next posts for sure.Exactly! Nice saying" education is not an end but a means to an end",And that purpose I think has been ignored in most educational systems.Students must be trained to think and create,but today most classrooms are teacher-centered, and this causes them to be mere consumers.classroom activities must be a base for them to develop their fresh ideas on.Nice talking to you

پاسخ با نقل قول
قدیمی 04-23-2011
KHatun آواتار ها
کاربر فعال ادبیات جهان

پیش فرض multiculturalism

By: myself

Multiculturalism is the assembly of different cultural identities; the identity of a group or of an individual with respect to his/her belonging to a group or culture, within a unified society.

In social context, this diversity plays a crucial role because social life dictates constant interactions. Especially that today,

emigrations as well as cross cultural relationships are increasing.

This study focuses on cultural identities in the multicultural societies and attempts to find possible answers to this question:

does diversity of cultures push individuals to learn more about other cultural identities?

As an example, in recent years, France has faced a multicultural issue. Constant debates and arguments are still going on about female Muslim students wearing Hijab in schools. According to many political figures this is provocative and is not in accordance

with the norms of the French society.

It even goes on to alter the social-cultural institutions.

According to recent surveys, the majority of citizens in France fear the process of islamization in their country. On the other hand, right wing extremists in parliament are empowered by disruptive propaganda against immigrants. The crisis of economics and growth of unemployment is other facts which increase nationalistic

and anti-migration sensations. In the middle if this crisis, liberal parties are still trying to defend the notion of "multiculturalism"; a recent heated idealistic phenomenon that indicates

different cultures within a society can live peacefully and interactively if equality is achieved. Unfortunately this has failed, as many political figures, such as David Cameron and French president Nicolay Sarkozy have admitted in their speeches.

I believe one point that has been ignored considering multicultural societies is that social rules and norms of a society are

formed according to "one" dominant culture and certainly cannot meet the needs and expectations of other cultures, especially if they are in conflict with one another. Therefore, multiculturalism

would lead to chaos and without multi-rules and multi-norms it is a meaningless theory.One example is the condition of Muslim

students in France, which can not practice Islamic teachings, such as wearing Hijab, because it's in conflict with the "dominant"

norms of society.

For years multiculturalism has been a taboo subject in European society which has constantly attacked its opposition as being racists and extremists. Now, even political figures such as prime ministers and presidents clearly admit that the notion has failed and continues to broaden the distances between cultures.

Conclusion:

I believe our condition in this matter is a paradoxical one.

For years, advanced countries around the world have tried

to spread tolerance through accepting diversities and providing

different cultures with the grounds on which they could establish their communities. Today these communities are growing not to fulfill the goal of tolerance but isolate and separate

themselves from other communities. Now that countries are trying to remove graphical borders, I think they have created bigger ones within themselves which would be much harder

to overcome.

پاسخ با نقل قول
کاربران زیر از KHatun به خاطر پست مفیدش تشکر کرده اند :
قدیمی 11-20-2011
مهرگان آواتار ها
مدیر تالار انگلیسی

پیش فرض

i don't know were u are khatun gian
?
following your style, i may write some text here darlin, wait for you to come back

here i want to write about learning a foreign language, the necessities(why we should learn), the ways to learn, and what language to learn.

a way to earn mony in cities is stablishing an institute for teaching foreign languages. different names, which one is better? which one is cheaper? and which one's quality is more than others? though, here am not going to introduce language schools, but more than that to talk about why we should learn a foerign language.

the advantages of learning a foreign language are so much that any one canpoint to a different factor, for example: powering your memory skilld (you may remind things sooner than before), then to communicate with other people from other cultures. and i can not mention any disadvantage! may be we can say that learning a language that you may not use it now or in the future, is just wasting the time! for example: what is use of learning african languages while you won't need it?!!!! or what is the use of learning 30 languages (as some ads in websites)? it's nothing but wasting the time.

then what to learn? i remember clearly, the first session of American Headway one, we learnt that we learn english because it is the internatinal language. after that l became familiar with 4 important languages: Francais, Germany, Arabic and English. i learnt that these are the most popular languages the world. this can be another factor to choose what to learn, popularity of a language. following this, Chinese can be another alternative.

the internet provides so many usefull books, for learning anything that you want, but don't forget:

if you want to be successful in learning a language, love that language! and practice, practise, praktice and praktise!!!!! remember that. dream in that language, think in that language, lesson, speak, read and write

i have the experience learning Korean, German, Francais and English and absolutly do think that English is the best to start. learning it helps you learn other languages faster. but really the eastern ones are hard to learn

!HeadWay!

کاربران در حال دیدن موضوع: 1 نفر (0 عضو و 1 مهمان)

ابزارهای موضوع
نحوه نمایش

مجوز های ارسال و ویرایش
شما نمیتوانید موضوع جدیدی ارسال کنید
شما امکان ارسال پاسخ را ندارید
شما نمیتوانید فایل پیوست در پست خود ضمیمه کنید
شما نمیتوانید پست های خود را ویرایش کنید

BB code is فعال
شکلک ها فعال است
کد [IMG] فعال است
اچ تی ام ال غیر فعال می باشد

اکنون ساعت 12:29 PM برپایه ساعت جهانی (GMT - گرینویچ) +3.5 می باشد.